Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm back...

...by popular demand! This time around there's no theme and no structure. It's just me, writing about farming and cooking and being full of wonder and covered in dirt and surrounded by blessings and aching with gratitude and overflowing with endless everyday love. These are my prayers for the earth and all her creatures. This is my ode to thunderstorms and pumpkins. This is what I know how to do: write down the way the sun is brightening the sky over Mass Ave, turning it into a blue veined with gold, how the kitchen and the street are cloaked in Sunday silence, how the taste of fresh-baked pumpkin bread is warming my mouth, and how each of these things is scared, how each of these things is a strand of miracle. This is what I know how to do: write down every detail of where I am and what I love, write down how much it matters that we walk the world with open eyes and breathe wonder everywhere we go and bow to what sustains us. These are my prayers for the earth and all her creatures. This is my endless everyday love.

1 comment:

toni said...

oh goodie! Hooray, even! And many, many thanks.